Kia ora Repromed whanau,
Good news – at COVID-19 Alert Level 2, all Repromed services and treatments are available. However we have made the decision to follow the advice from our District Health Board for enhanced protection to ensure we minimise any community transmission risk. Changes between COVID Alert levels will be reviewed on a weekly basis, so keep checking our webpage for these updates.
Please get in touch with the team if you have any queries or concerns about your treatment, we’re here to support you.
All treatments and services are available in Alert Level 2.
All treatments are available:
- IVF / ICSI/ PGT
- Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET) – both manufactured and natural cycles
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Donor Insemination (DI) cycles
- Ovulation Induction (OI)
- Routine Semen Analysis
All consultations are available for new and existing clients – video or phone consultations are encouraged:
- Nutritionist and dietitian
Scans and blood tests continue to be available.
Enhanced protection at Alert Level 2
We are adhering to the pandemic advice from the DHB and the following precautions will be in place to keep our clients, team, families and the health system safe. We consider these safety practices mandatory, if you have any queries about any of these requirements, please email the team so we can offer support: .
- MASKS: Please wear a mask when you come to the Repromed clinic, even if you don’t have any symptoms
- CONSULTATIONS: Virtual consultations are recommended where possible, appointments will continue to be done remotely via phone or video conference
- HYGIENE: High level hygiene – disinfection of all human touch areas, excellent hand hygiene and sanitising
- SCREENING FOR COVID-19: a health questionnaire will be sent prior to your visit to assess the risk of COVID-19 and provide tracing records in line with Ministry of Health requirements
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: including increased spacing in the waiting room and staggered appointment and treatment times. To reduce the numbers of people in our building, we ask that where possible you come by yourself during Alert Level 2
- STAY HOME IF UNWELL: Please call us if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone showing these symptoms: high temperature (38C+), cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing, runny nose, loss of smell.
We understand that those that are pregnant will likely feel anxious about their own health and that of their unborn baby during the COVID-19 pandemic. For the most up to date advice and reassurance regarding safety, click here for some information from The Royal Australian and NZ College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. If you are having a pregnancy scan at Repromed then please be assured that partners may also attend this appointment.
Summary of risks
We have put together a consent form about general risks doing treatment during a COVID-19 pandemic. If you haven’t yet seen this from the nursing team, you may be interested to read this document.
Most treatments include at least one counselling session. If you would like to speak with one of our counsellors, we can arrange a support call over the phone. Please email and a counsellor will contact you.
We thought it might be helpful to share an article from the NZ Institute of Wellbeing & Resilience which gives some practical strategies for coping with the impact of COVID-19 in our lives. It is not specifically fertility related, but our counselling team felt that the tips were highly relevant. Click here to read.
Repromed Dietitian Teresa Gudex has written an article with her top tips to boost fertility which may be a helpful read for those interested in improving their fertility with nutrition. Read the article here.
We appreciate the support you have shown to our team as we have navigated the impact of COVID-19 Level changes. If you have any queries about your treatment or any of the precautions in place, please email or call 0800 483 105 and the team will be happy to help.
Dr Guy Gudex