21st April 2020
Kia ora koutou,
Great news – for Repromed, Alert Level 3 means we will be resuming most fertility assessment and treatments. However, it will not be business as usual, as there will be changes within our clinic to ensure safety for everyone. We want to make the right decisions now so we can move back to full service as soon as it is safe to do so.
We are encouraged by the change in Alert Level and eager to get back to work helping our clients reach their goal of having a baby. This change of Alert Level status comes with a responsibility and we’ll be taking significant and necessary measures to keep our clients, team, families and the health system safe.
As previously communicated, at the top of our minds are those that had to cancel or delay planned treatment. This group of clients will be prioritised and we will be in touch with them to discuss their next steps. (Please confirm your Day 1 date with the Repromed nursing team before starting your medication).
Treatments that will be available at Alert Level 3 will include
- IVF / ICSI
- Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET) – but manufactured cycles only to minimise the need for blood testing and clinic visits
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) – there may be some changes to the cycle management which your nurse will be able to explain
- Donor Insemination (DI) cycles
- Ovulation Induction (OI)
The following safety precautions will be in place to make Repromed COVID-19 safe:
- High level hygiene – disinfection of all human touch areas, excellent hand hygiene and sanitising
- Screening for COVID-19 – a health questionnaire will be sent prior to your visit to assess the risk of COVID-19 and provide tracing records in line with Ministry of Health requirements
- Physical distancing rules – including increased spacing in the waiting room and staggered appointment and treatment times
- Reduced numbers of people in our building – we would ask that you come by yourself during Alert Level 3
- Personal Protection (PPE) – you may notice staff will be wearing PPE when appropriate
- Virtual consultations – where possible, appointments will continue to be done remotely via phone or video conference
- Maintaining team bubbles – the Repromed team are now split into team bubbles so the same doctor, nurse and embryology team rotate together for treatments to minimise risk
Our intention is to operate at maximum capacity, while taking essential safety precautions within Alert Level 3. This will include extending our normal hours of operation. It is our commitment to do everything possible to effectively and fairly manage the scheduling of patients.
If you have any queries around your treatment, please contact or email and the team will be happy to help give guidance specific to your personal situation.
The light is at the end of the tunnel. Stay safe and we all look forward to seeing you in our clinic soon.
Dr Guy Gudex