I wanted to get in touch to let you know about the actions we’re taking at Repromed to look after you, your loved ones and our own team, during the COVID‑19 (Coronavirus) pandemic .
Firstly, we wanted to reassure you that Repromed continues to provide treatment to all clients that are unaffected by Covid-19.
We are closely monitoring the current situation and are following guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health as well as implementing additional precautionary measures. The wellbeing of you and our team are our top priority and we have put a lot of thought into how we can protect you.
We know that some of you may have been planning your fertility treatment for a long time. We wanted to update you on the evidence-based scientific facts regarding fertility treatment and COVID-19 virus.
COVID-19 and fertility facts:
- Undergoing IVF does not reduce your immunity
- Eggs, sperm and embryos are not affected by viruses when they are being processed, grown or frozen in the laboratory. There is no added concern with commencing or completing treatment at this time
- Pregnant women do not appear to be any more susceptible to the consequences of COVID-19 than the general population. If you are pregnant, in general you are more vulnerable to getting infections than a woman who is not pregnant. If you have an underlying condition, such as asthma or diabetes, you may be more unwell if you have COVID-19. As this is a new virus, how it may affect pregnant women is not yet clearly defined however it does not appear that women can pass the infection onto their baby while pregnant.
- The current recommendation from the Fertility Society of Australia is that woman who are at low risk of having COVID-19 or being exposed to it, may continue to receive fertility treatment
As a healthcare provider we have exceptional hygiene standards that are strictly adhered too, and we have now added further precautions including, recommending that where possible all appointments are carried out on either phone or skype with your Repromed Doctor.
Where this is not appropriate for you, please be aware:
- We ask you to come on your own to all appointments. Couples undergoing fertility investigations and treatments may attend together but not bring any additional support persons, family or children. For those that prefer to wait outside or in their cars, we are happy to call you when our staff are ready to see you.
- We are asking extra questions over the next few weeks as we book treatments and consultations – client safety is our priority at this time
- We have increased cleaning in waiting areas and consult rooms
- We are sanitising payment machines and reception areas after every use
- We have removed magazines and toys from our waiting room
- We have updated our reminder messages and texts to include screening and reminders of the precautions
We ask and wish to advise you that the most important thing you can do at this time is to follow current guidelines by washing your hands regularly, maintaining good coughing etiquette, and avoid contact with people showing symptoms.
We are fortunate to have a dedicated and experienced team who are committed to providing continuous care and treatment throughout this time. We are doing all we can to keep your treatments on track.
If at any time you wish to discuss your appointment or talk to us about a phone or skype appointment, please call your nurse on 0800 483 105. We are here for you.
To find out more and the latest information about COVID-19. Please go to the Healthline website www.healthline.co.nz.
Nga mihi nui