12th May 2020
Kia ora koutou,
Good news – at Covid-19 Alert Level 2, we’re pleased to confirm that ALL treatments and services will resume at Repromed.
In order for us to operate safely at Alert Level 2, some of the processes and precautions from Level 3 will remain. We will do our best to minimise the impact of these extra precautions on your treatment.
All treatments will be available at Alert Level 2, including:
- IVF / ICSI including PGT cycles
- Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET) – both natural and manufactured cycles
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) – modified protocol
- Donor Insemination (DI) cycles
- Ovulation Induction (OI)
- Semen assessments
How we manage the above treatments may be different to before Covid-19 impacted NZ. Your nurse will be able to explain any changes to you.
The Covid-19 shutdown has unfortunately resulted in approximately a 4 week delay for those having publicly funded treatment. Therefore, if you were booked in for starting in May, it is likely your treatment will take place in June for example. As outlined in our previous communications, please email us at on Day 1 of your period so we can plan for future treatment.
The following safety precautions will remain in place to make Repromed Covid-19 safe:
- High level hygiene – disinfection of all human touch areas, excellent hand hygiene and sanitising
- Screening for Covid-19 – a health questionnaire will be sent prior to your visit to assess the risk of Covid-19 and provide tracing records in line with the Ministry of Health requirements. A signing in and out procedure at reception will also continue to enable contract tracing
- Physical distancing rules – including increased spacing in the waiting room and staggered appointment and treatment times
- Reduced numbers of people in our building – we would ask that you come by yourself during Alert Level 2, but we will be able to allow a single healthy adult support person if requested. We will also accommodate waiting in cars rather than the waiting room if you feel more comfortable to do so.
- Personal Protection (PPE) – you may notice staff will wear a mask when applicable
- Virtual consultations – where possible, we will continue to offer appointments remotely via phone or video conference
Get in touch
We will be in touch with all current clients to confirm next steps. If you have any queries around your treatment, please contact or email and the team will be happy to help give guidance specific to your personal situation.
Thank you for your patience during this difficult time of unexpected delays. We are completely committed to resuming our outstanding, highly personalised fertility care. See you in our clinic soon.
Dr Guy Gudex