Kia ora Repromed whanau,
Auckland is again at Covid-19 Alert Level 3 and our contingency planning comes into effect to support all clients. Minimising community transmission is critical so we will be actioning immediate safety precautions – however the good news is that most of Repromed services and treatments continue at Alert Level 3. For those who have started or are about to start treatment, you will be contacted directly and an update will be given on your personal situation and any changes in process or timing that may need to be made.
Treatments that are available at Alert Level 3 include:
- IVF / ICSI
- Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET) – manufactured cycles only
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Donor Insemination (DI) cycles
- Ovulation Induction (OI)
As previously, the following safety precautions will be in place to make Repromed COVID-19 safe:
- Virtual consultations – where possible, appointments will continue to be done remotely via phone or video conference
- Please wear a mask when you come to Repromed , even if you don’t have any symptoms
- High level hygiene – disinfection of all human touch areas, excellent hand hygiene and sanitising
- Screening for COVID-19 – a health questionnaire will be sent prior to your visit to assess the risk of COVID-19 and provide tracing records in line with Ministry of Health requirements
- Physical distancing rules – including increased spacing in the waiting room and staggered appointment and treatment times
- Reduced numbers of people in our building – we would ask that you come by yourself during Alert Level 3
- Personal Protection (PPE) – you may notice staff will be wearing PPE when appropriate
Please do not come into the clinic if you are unwell, showing symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone showing these symptoms: high temperature (38C+), cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing, runny nose, loss of smell.
Our intention is to operate at maximum capacity, while taking essential safety precautions within Alert Level 3. Scans and blood tests will continue to be available as they are considered essential.
For those traveling from out of Auckland for treatment at our clinic, our team will provide letters to advise that you are required to travel for essential treatment, or they may make a suggestion for your treatment timing.
It’s good to know that IF Auckland moves to Alert Level 4 and you have started treatment, Repromed will complete IVF and IUI treatment as required (unless there is a government direction that changes). At Level 4, it isn’t possible for us to start new treatments, so Day 1 would need to be postponed in this instance.
Going through fertility treatment is difficult enough and we feel for all our clients dealing with this new development of moving to Alert Level 3. Current clients will be contacted as soon as possible, otherwise for any urgent queries, please contact or email and the team will be happy to help.
Kia kaha, we are here to support you.
Dr Guy Gudex